Friends often ask us,“Is a marketing video really worth it? Does your message really reach that many more people? Do those numbers truly convert into sales?”
Oh, hell yeah.
Our clients have been able to connect with hundreds of thousands of people they never would have been able to reach without an explainer video.
Here are 13 interesting stats that should give you an idea of how integral marketing videos have become to the whole online experience:
- 89 million people in the US watch video media online every day. [comScore]
- Roughly 1.2 billion online videos are watched every day. [comScore]
- By 2016, the number of online video users will double to 1.5 billion. [Cisco]
- YouTube gets 1 billion unique video viewers every month. [YouTube]
- YouTube users watch more than 4 billion hours of video every month. [YouTube]
- 52% of consumers say they’ll make an online purchase after watching a product video online. [Internet Retailer]
- Almost 92% of online viewers will share videos with other people. [Digiday]
- Online video traffic will account for 55% of global consumer Internet traffic in 2016. [Cisco]
- 90% of online shoppers at a major retailers site say they find video helpful in making their shopping and buying decisions. [VideoBrewery]
- On 80% of Facebook pages, video is the most shared type of content. [Zuum]
- Video is the 1st or 2nd most shared type of content on 95% of Facebook pages. [Zuum]
- Consumers who watch explainer videos on an e-commerce site are 144% more likely to make a purchase. [Internet Retailer]BUT…
- Only about 24% of national brands are using online video as a marketing tool. [source: Kantar Media]
So, what do these numbers mean?
Well, that we are a nation of voracious online video consumers! And, our hunger continues to grow. Not only do we expect video media to be part of our online experience, we are influenced by it and share it with our friends.
A whiteboard marketing video packs an “information” punch that text and images alone can’t possibly match. Plus, the ability to make entertaining explainer videos that do a great job of engaging viewers is becoming more affordable than ever, making this powerful tool available to small- and medium-sized business owners like never before.
Despite this, few business owners are taking advantage of this powerful medium. Seventy-six percent of national retailers still don’t use video in their online marketing efforts.
This gives you a huge edge and an incredible opportunity to capture your market’s attention in a way that leaves them wanting more!
Looking For More Expert Tips?
If reading all this has convinced you the time is now to add an amazing sales video to your site (or even if you have a couple more questions), sign up below for a 20-minute Pow-Wow to get the ball rolling today. One of our video marketing ninjas will be in touch to make it happen!
It’s that easy.