You invest a ton of time, energy, and resources in your B2B marketing videos.
You know that, when done right, they could become the most valuable marketing assets for your brand — attracting and converting ready-to-buy leads 24/7, like the world’s most dedicated salesperson.
But video production is just one piece of the puzzle. To make sure your B2B marketing video really generates the ROI you deserve, doing smart, high-impact promotion is key. In fact, it’s an ironclad principle of content marketing that businesses should spend 80% of the time promoting, and only 20% of the time creating!
That’s why today, I’m going to share with you 5 simple and effective promotion strategies that will help you drive more views and conversions on your B2B video content.
Read on, and you will learn:
- The one social media platform you can’t afford to ignore as a B2B marketer (and what makes it so great for sharing your videos)
- A 2-minute, set-it-and-forget-it hack that will attract more targeted viewers to your video
- How to make video SEO work for your B2B content — no “going viral” necessary, not even a little bit
- The #1 thing you can do to attract your customers’ attention on social media and drive them to your video
- How to get more eyeballs on your B2B video content if you don’t have a sizable audience yet
And more. Let’s get started!
1. Share your B2B marketing video on LinkedIn
Sharing your video on socials is a pretty reliable way to get a spike of traffic and engagement. Sadly, their quality is usually not that great — because your followers aren’t necessarily your ideal customers, and social media clickthrough rates are notoriously low.
That being said, I still highly recommend that you post your B2B marketing video on LinkedIn! Why? Because it has two unique advantages for brands that sell to other brands, namely:
- A highly relevant audience. If you want your video to reach business decision makers, this is the one social network where you’ll be able to reach them easily. For a B2B company, cultivating a targeted audience on LinkedIn is a heck of a lot easier than any other platform.
- Some seriously robust analytics. LinkedIn doesn’t just show you how many views your video got… it also gives you insight into your audience’s job titles, general location, and even companies they work at! You will not have to guess if your marketing video has reached the right people (a.k.a. ideal prospects) — you will know for sure.
This combo of access + insight is what makes LinkedIn a great fit for selling to other businesses. So make sure you incorporate it into your B2B video marketing strategy!
2. Use the email signature hack to attract targeted viewers
If you talk to potential B2B customers every day, but don’t want to keep pitching them on your offer constantly, this technique is for you.
It couldn’t be any simpler:
- Link to your marketing video in your email signature, along with a 1-2 sentence call to action inviting people to watch it.
- Proceed as normal, and let your customers’ curiosity do the rest!
If you communicate with your target market a lot (as you should), the number of leads who see your offer this way will add up over time — with zero extra effort required on your end.
I used this same strategy to get more eyeballs on The Draw Shop’s work without really trying. I just had this in my email signature: “PS. Check out this book trailer whiteboard video that received 128,014 views in just 7 days. [link]” That was it!
And the best part is: the leads you attract this way are going to be warm and qualified… because they were interested and intrigued enough to click through to the video and watch it.
So go ahead — pick one B2B marketing video you want to share (an explainer, your brand story, a how-to video etc.) and put it in your email signature. Boom, you’re done! This is the easiest promotion strategy you’ll ever implement.
3. Leverage video SEO to drive organic traffic
Getting your marketing videos discovered organically can seem like a daunting task. But the truth is, for a B2B brand, it can actually be easier to get results with video SEO compared to a B2C company!
There are 2 reasons for that:
- If your offer and customer personas are dialed in, you will be able to uncover a ton of targeted long-tail keywords your customers are searching for — and rank for them.
- Engaging B2B video content is still pretty rare. Most marketing videos in that space are either too salesy, or too boring, or both. You have a great opportunity to stand out!
Craft a compelling video, optimize it around a few targeted keywords (this guide will help), give it an initial promotional push through your email list, socials, and partner audiences (more on that below)… and you will start seeing that search traffic trickle in!
One final tip: forget about going “viral” — it’s not helpful for a B2B brand. You’re not fishing for mass attention, but building a strategic asset that attracts ideal customers only. So first and foremost, focus on driving the right type of traffic. And second of all, make sure you have a way to convert them, or at least engage them for the long term. That’s how you win.
4. Promote your B2B marketing video with… another video!
Now, I am not suggesting that you produce a whole new marketing video just to promote your other video content — that would be ridiculous (if a little funny).
There’s a much easier strategy you could use, and it goes like this:
- Take the video you wish to promote and repurpose it into a short “trailer,” highlight reel, or outtake that’s 15-60 seconds long. You want something bite-sized and attention grabbing.
- Put a call to action at the end that will direct people to your main video — e.g. your landing page URL, or a unique short link to wherever the video is hosted.
- And finally, share it far and wide! Put it on your socials, deploy it in your advertising funnels, you name it. Basically, go to where the leads are and use this enticing video tidbit to lead them to your main piece of content.
This B2B video marketing strategy is perfectly suited for social media, because most people wouldn’t stop scrolling for anything that’s over 1 minute long. So if you want to get their attention, using a shorter video to catch eyes, stoke curiosity, and drive action is much more effective!
5. Find and pitch “content amplifiers” with established audiences
“Content amplifiers” are basically influencers who can expose their followers to your B2B marketing video. If your brand doesn’t have a big audience yet, getting access to someone else’s is a valid and effective way to get around it, and make sure that tons of prospective leads see your video!
That said, it’s not enough to just spam influencers with requests to share your stuff. There are 2 guidelines you want to follow to make use of this strategy:
- Don’t approach your direct competitors. They have no incentive to share your video content, for obvious reasons. Instead, go for related industries / niches / topics that overlap with your target audience. You can use audience intelligence tools like SparkToro to dig up a lot of good candidates quickly.
- Even though “share our video” is a pretty small ask, unless you have a preexisting relationship with an influencer, they are unlikely to do it out of the goodness of their heart. You need to show them why they want to share your video with their followers — in other words, answer the “what’s in it for me?” question.
How? Simple: make sure that the video you need to promote is actually valuable and relevant, not salesy! Prove that the influencer’s audience will find value in it, and you’ll get shared.
Want to grow your business with B2B video marketing?
Well, what if I told you that my team here at The Draw Shop can create as many high-converting videos for you as you want… all for a fixed monthly investment?
Unlimited Video Content is our newest service package for brands looking to create high volumes of business-boosting videos — for a variety of business and marketing goals, in a wide range of styles, and with consistently mind-blowing quality.
- As many videos as you want to create (just what it says on the tin)
- A dedicated video team assigned to you: 2 Project Managers, Copywriter, Art Director, Storyboard Artist, Filming Artist, Editor
- Unlimited revisions at every stage of the process (normally we only offer 2 rounds)
- 6 distinctive video styles to choose from: 2D Animation, Motion Graphics, Mixed Media, Whiteboard Animation, Chalkboard, and Glassboard.
And much more.
Interested? Then check out Unlimited Video Content here!