Boundaries—we all know how important they are, but how well do most of us actually stick to them? We’ve become so accustomed to how we’ve been conditioned to accept things in our life that implementing any sort of boundary can feel, well, unnerving. But get ready to get uncomfortable in this episode (in a good way!) because my goal by the end of it is that you’ll realize the importance of having clear boundaries in your life and business.
Listen in to hear how I came up with and implemented certain boundaries in my life, as well as how to keep the things that are important to you a priority. I’m leaving you with an exercise you can do to determine what exactly those things are and how you can implement boundaries to protect them.
In this episode, we cover topics such as:
- Why you need to stick firm to your boundaries, even during happy times.
- How to identify the areas of your life where boundaries can have the biggest impact.
- How to be mindful about what things you should and should not engage with to protect your mental space.
- Examples of specific boundaries to protect your time and your mind.
- How to protect what is most important to you.
Please enjoy today’s episode — and visit the resources below to find everything mentioned in the show!
What you will hear:
- [3:34] – Why boundaries are important to have through good times and bad.
- [4:43] – Questions to ask yourself to find out what areas of your life could use better boundaries.
- [7:00] – Areas of my own life where I implemented boundaries and saw positive change.
- [12:35] – Specific boundaries that you can put in place based on time.
- [20:12] – Boundaries to protect your mind and your mental health.
- [30:19] – A reminder for yourself when you get negative feedback about your boundaries.
- [32:54] – An exercise to identify what is most important to you so you know where you should be implementing boundaries.
Ideas Worth Sharing:“Without keeping us as the priority in our family, we can’t really steer this ship as effectively and as powerfully as we need to be.” - @summerfelixmulder Click To Tweet “I know that I’m way more productive and a better person when my brain is filled with the right things for me to feel productive and energetic and loving and all those good things.” Click To Tweet “If something isn’t moving the needle in your business or your growth as a human, then ask yourself if you really need to engage in it.” - @summerfelixmulder Click To Tweet “When you say yes to one thing, you are saying no to something else.” - @summerfelixmulder Click To Tweet
- Email your elevator pitch to [email protected] to get your elevator pitch reviewed and transformed LIVE on Instagram every Tuesday at 10am PST.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to Backstage Business? If not, I strongly suggest you do. This way you won’t miss a thing! Subscribe here: Backstage Business
And here’s what we would be the ultimate supreme: If you left me a review on for Backstage Business as well. This will help other genius business leaders and entrepreneurs like you find the podcast.
Plus, it would be super fun for me to get to enjoy my morning coffee while reading them! Just click here, click open in iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews”, tell me your favorite moment and best takeaway and I may just send you a really cool token of thanks!