This is such a powerful episode, especially if you’re one of those people who knows that taking care of yourself and being connected with your family is important—but doesn’t necessarily make it a priority. (Sound familiar?) Eric Dunavant is an entrepreneur and the founder of Paradiem, a business that transforms businesses and families by guiding them to discover the 4 G’s: greatness, growth, governance, and generosity.
Eric is sharing his powerful story about how he turned his life around and accelerated his business by changing his priorities and placing more focus on his family and his own well-being. He’ll share why focusing on yourself is not being selfish, why sacrifice is actually detrimental to success, and how you can make an impact on your employees to motivate them to feel good about what they’re doing every day.
In this episode, we cover topics such as:
- How to shift your perspective of “return on investment,” and how that shift can impact your business.
- How Eric’s life changed once he shifted his own perspective.
- How you can empower your employees and your business.
- Why it’s important to sharpen your own axe (and what that really means!).
- Why compartmentalization is harmful to our well-being and ultimately to our success.
Please enjoy today’s episode — and visit the resources below to find everything mentioned in the show!
What you will hear:
- [3:25] Eric’s story on why his work became so important to him.
- [6:00] How we should really be looking at ROI.
- [8:00] The reasons why Eric started shifting his priorities.
- [10:55] What it was like for Eric to make that shift.
- [13:20] How changing his priorities accelerated his business.
- [16:00] The hardest part of changing priorities and common objections the average business owner will encounter.
- [18:15] A symbolic story of how hard work and no rest do not make for more productivity.
- [19:55] How to do an audit of your ROI.
- [21:40] What drives Eric to do the work he does every day.
- [25:40] What you can do right now to help yourself and your employees.
- [35:20] Why understanding your employees’ intentions creates connection and fulfillment.
- [37:35] Why we need to stop compartmentalizing everything in our lives.
Ideas Worth Sharing:“What are you being intentional about, and what are the outcomes you want to create for your family?” - Eric Dunavant Click To Tweet “Most people are living a good story. Focusing on the ROI means you live a better story.” - Eric Dunavant Click To Tweet “A lot of our business success comes from clarity of our own mind and purpose.” - Eric Dunavant Click To Tweet “What we don’t know how to do really well is rest and take care of ourselves.” - Eric Dunavant Click To Tweet
- Eric Dunavant: Website | Email
- For your free business appraisal, email Eric with the subject line “Appraisal”
- For your Family Impact Kit, email Eric with the subject line “Family Impact Kit”
- The Infinite Game by Simon Sinek
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to Backstage Business? If not, I strongly suggest you do. This way you won’t miss a thing! Subscribe here: Backstage Business
And here’s what we would be the ultimate supreme: If you left me a review on for Backstage Business as well. This will help other genius business leaders and entrepreneurs like you find the podcast.
Plus, it would be super fun for me to get to enjoy my morning coffee while reading them! Just click here, click open in iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews”, tell me your favorite moment and best takeaway and I may just send you a really cool token of thanks!