Is it too late to start and grow a successful podcast?
Or can you still pull it off – even though everyone is doing it?
The answer is yes! As they say, “whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right.”
If you want to start a podcast – to promote your brand, share your expertise with the world, and make some money along the way – it’s easy to look at all the competition and get discouraged.
No matter what niche you pick, there are probably thousands of people doing it already! So what’s the point?
But look at it another way – this abundance of competition means that the interest in podcast is higher than ever. And if you play your cards right, it won’t matter if you have zero competitors or ten thousand… you’ll still manage to stand out!
Now, you probably want to know what this means, exactly. The way we see it, building a great podcast is about three things:
- Being a great guest. That’s right! As long as other podcasters want to invite you on their shows, you’ll always have an effective channel for self-promotion.
- Being a great host. This one is self-explanatory: entice people to stick around and become listeners, and this audience will be the foundation of your business.
- Smart monetization. Converting listeners to paying customers is no mean feat – but long-term, it’s the best path to growing and maintaining a successful podcast.
All three of these things must sound fairly obvious. But you’d be surprised how many entrepreneurs mess them up! So today, we’re going to be talking about all the unconventional, creative, little-known ways to survive and thrive as a podcaster.
And to help us, we’ve invited Nicole Holland – the host of “Business Building Rockstars” show and a certifiable Genius when it comes to profitable podcasting!
In 2017, Huffington Post named Nicole as one of the 50 must-follow women entrepreneurs, alongside Marie Forleo, Amy Porterfield, Dorie Clark, & many other female powerhouses.
She specializes in helping busy CEOs, authors, and experts to spread their message and increase brand recognition through podcasting.
After interviewing over 220 top performers in different fields, she knows exactly how to stand out as a guest on any podcast, and how to turn listeners into leads for your own show. And that’s exactly the kind of insider knowledge Nicole will be dropping in today’s episode!
In the interview, you will learn:
- How to be the kind of podcast guest everyone is dying to get on their show… figuratively speaking, of course!
- What you can do to turn your podcast into a sustainable business with multiple income streams and a big customer base.
- The secret to getting inside your audience’s head and learning what they really want to hear on your show.
Also, for those of you who would like to get invited on high-profile podcasts more often, Nicole is giving away a free checklist on the topic. Once you’ve listened to the episode, head over to the show notes to grab it and start landing those interview slots!
Now, without further ado, we’ll let Summer and Nicole take it away…
Here’s what you will learn:
[00:15] Introducing Nicole
[05:46] How podcasting gives Nicole purpose
[12:18] Should you start a podcast? Here’s some advice from Nicole
[15:51] Being an awesome podcaster or podcast guest – how do you prepare?
[19:11] The secret to knowing what your audience really wants to hear
[24:30] How to be a great guest and promote the shows you were on
[33:48] Nurturing your audience and building multiple income streams
[43:30] Get podcasting advice from Nicole
Resources from Nicole:
Free checklist – an exclusive gift for Get Genius listeners. Use Nicole’s checklist to get invited on your favorite podcast!