We have a special place in our hearts for service businesses here at The Draw Shop. After growing our own agency to 7 figures, we know better than most how difficult it can be.
Like, here’s just a fraction of everything you need to excel at when you run a service-based business:
- Attracting high-value clients consistently, so you never have to worry about “slow months”…
- Working with in-house and virtual teams, so stuff gets done on time, every time…
- Communicating with clients to make sure you knock their socks off on every project…
We’re barely scratching the surface here!
All of that stuff, and more, is hard. And there’s a lot of mediocre – and straight-up bad – advice out there. So if you want to grow your agency to seven figures and beyond, in a sustainable way, you want to take your cue from someone who’s been there and done that.
Which is exactly why we invited Joseph Kashurba on this week’s Get Genius!
Joe is a freelance web designer turned entrepreneur and digital agency owner. And here’s why we’re so happy to have him on the show:
Joe started out as a freelance web designer, back when he was in high school. At the start of his career, Joe used to charge between $150 and $300 for a website. If you’ve ever been involved in web development, you know that this kind of fee is laughable, considering the amount of work involved!
Well, Joe put in the time, honed his craft and his business skills – and now he charges upwards of $30,000 for a website. In the process, he also built a 7-figure digital agency from scratch, and ended up managing six-figure advertising campaigns for some of the biggest brands in the world.
Now, Joe advises and mentors other freelance web designers and digital agency owners on how to develop and scale their service business. And that’s what this episode is all about!
In this week’s interview, Summer and Joe will cover:
- How to use paid advertising to attract high-value clients for your web design business or digital agency – namely, how to do it with AdWords.
- How to work with a virtual team effectively, no matter where in the world you (or they) are. Both Summer and Joe have been doing it successfully for years.
- Why you should never compete on price, even when you see dozens of competitors offer identical services for a fraction of what you charge.
- Joe’s and Summer’s favorite project management software that they use to stay productive day-to-day and achieve their long-term goals.
- Advice for young entrepreneurs. Even if you aren’t one (you know… anymore), these are wonderful insights to pass on to your children.
This is a dense interview packed with actionable nuggets you can use to grow your business. And if you listen to the whole thing and still want more, you can register for Joe’s free webinar about attracting high-paying clients.
You can get access to the training by clicking the link in the show notes. It’s 90 minutes of pure gold, and we highly recommend it!
And now, please enjoy this conversation with Joe Kashurba…
Here’s what you will learn:
[00:15] Introducing Joe
[03:32] Joe’s first high-school freelance gig and how it paved the way for his web design career
[05:27] How Joe learned web development in high school
[08:20] The unique value Joe brings to clients
[11:59] Top business mistakes freelance web designers make
[13:28] Why so many service providers neglect marketing their business
[20:01] How to compete with “Do it Yourself” options and cheap services
[22:28] Optimizing Google AdWords to get leads
[25:08] How to build and maintain a successful virtual team
[30:00] Joe’s advice to young entrepreneurs
[33:14] Books that have inspired Joe
[34:33] What it’s like to work with Joe
[36:37] Learn more about Joe, and get your hands on his free 90-minute training
Resources from Joe:
Free 90-minute webinar from Joe – this free training will show you how to land high-ticket clients for your services consistently. If you’re a web designer, or run a digital agency, this will help you break free of the feast-or-famine cycle and grow your business faster.