So much has changed over the last few months because of the global pandemic causing massive upheaval in many areas of business, including in leadership roles, and that’s why I’m so excited to have Peter Montoya here with me today. He is a gifted speaker, best-selling author, and successful entrepreneur, and he’s sharing his expertise with us on leadership, team culture, and the importance of community.
Listen in as we dive deep into what it means to be a leader today, especially during times of uncertainty, as well as how to show up consistently for your team and your business. We’ll also be discussing the importance of socializing, operational values that are integral to a great team culture, and how to create more of the things that make life worthwhile.
In this episode, we cover topics such as:
- How to show up as a leader when you can’t physically be in front of people.
- Why we need social interaction every day to feel happy.
- Why loneliness is worse for our health than smoking.
- What being a truly authentic leader really means.
- Tips for creating a great community and team culture.
Please enjoy today’s episode — and visit the resources below to find everything mentioned in the show!
What you will hear:
[5:45] How Peter got into coaching, speaking, and leadership.
[7:40] How to show up as a leader in the midst of uncertainty and how leadership has changed over the years.
[10:00] The three domains of leadership and how they relate to you, whether “leader” is in your job title or not.
[15:20] Why we have such a high rate of loneliness despite being able to connect 24/7 via social media.
[20:40] What happens when people suffering from depression and anxiety due to loneliness become immune to the cure, and how leaders can help them overcome it.
[24:45] Peter’s best tips for creating a connected community, including the Sprint process.
[31:30] Advice for creating a high-performance team.
[37:20] Why Peter wrote The Brand Called You.
Ideas Worth Sharing:Power is nothing more than the ability to achieve intended results. - Peter Montoya Click To Tweet It is impossible to exist without the cooperation of others. - Peter Montoya Click To Tweet Screens are literally robbing us of the things that make life worthwhile. - Peter Montoya Click To Tweet
- Peter Montoya: Website | LinkedIn
- The Brand Called You: Make Your Business Stand Out in a Crowded Marketplace by Peter Montoya
- The Brand Called You: The Ultimate Personal Branding Handbook to Transform Anyone into an Indispensable Brand by Peter Montoya
- The Personal Branding Phenomenon: Realize greater influence, explosive income growth and rapid career advancement by applying the branding techniques of Michael, Martha and Oprah by Peter Montoya
- The 10 Secrets of Leadership Power by Peter Montoya (Coming Soon)
- The Draw Shop
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to Backstage Business? If not, I strongly suggest you do. This way you won’t miss a thing! Subscribe here: Backstage Business
And here’s what we would be the ultimate supreme: If you left me a review on for Backstage Business as well. This will help other genius business leaders and entrepreneurs like you find the podcast.
Plus, it would be super fun for me to get to enjoy my morning coffee while reading them! Just click here, click open in iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews”, tell me your favorite moment and best takeaway and I may just send you a really cool token of thanks!