Publishers typically don’t put out crappy content just for the sake of publishing something. A publisher knows what its audience wants and delivers.
So before talking about you as a publisher, let’s talk about you as a customer. How much content are you reading that actually helps you?
Now, I’m realistic when it comes to my inbox, mailbox and even magazines. I’m pretty sure I’m not going to get the one answer that solves every problem I have. But, I’m STOKED if I can get just one tiny piece that actually works.
It’s the little things that make a big difference, right? But that little thing has to be worthy and effective.
If you’re going to give someone a good two minutes of your reading time then you want it to be time well spent. Agreed?
Now, let’s shift into you as a publisher. It turns out that thinking (and acting) like a publisher could be the answer to getting people to trust you because publishers do the following:
- Use emotional storytelling to get people invested.
- Take care of their content like they would an asset because that asset is going to make them money.
- Trust and use a creative team to make the messaging tight and clear.
- Gauge results with feedback and engagement.
- Connect through social media platforms and post information that gets shared!