5 Strategies to Convey Authority and Credibility for Your Offer and Brand — with the Power of Video
Does your brand inspire trust?
Here’s why I’m asking: customers will only give you their attention, money, and loyalty if they know they can trust you.
If they see you as an authority in your space…
And if they know you can deliver on your promises.
Building authority and credibility for your products and services — and by extension, your brand as a whole — takes continued hard work.
But here’s the good news:
If you use video marketing, you already have the most effective tool for the job! All you need is to use it. And that’s what today’s article is all about.
This week, I’m going to show you 5 actionable strategies to use video to communicate authority and credibility for your business. Some of them are simple but underrated and others are quite advanced — but all of them are highly effective. And I hope you use all of them to attract more leads, prospects, and high-paying customers to your business!
Let’s start with the easiest strategy on the list that can solidify your brand’s expert image…
1. Give your brand a unified, recognizable look with video intros
You want to create marketing videos that are unmistakably yours. They need to have your brand written all over it.
Figuratively — through a unique combination of style, tone, and personality quirks that only your company has…
…and literally — through clear, consistent branding that conveys to your viewers who is behind this awesome content!
Here’s a simple way to brand your videos so they become instantly recognizable: use custom video intros! There are 3 main benefits to doing so:
- Video intros help viewers to mentally “connect” your content to your business in a matter of seconds.
- A short and beautiful intro immediately raises the perceived value of your marketing videos — even if your production values aren’t super high.
- In a small but significant way, intros convey extra credibility to your content. They show that you stand by what you produce, because you’re a reputable business.
If you want to learn more about creating awesome, attention-grabbing intros for your video content, check out this article we did a while back. It will show you everything you need to know and help you settle on a video intro style and format that works for you!
2. Build social proof by using video testimonials
OK, pop quiz. What’s the most persuasive form of marketing?
That’s right: word of mouth! For your customers, their friends and family are still the most trusted source of information about new products and services.
Now, it’s not always feasible to leverage word of mouth in your marketing… but you can use the next best thing — customer testimonials!
Testimonials show to potential buyers that people like them have already used your product or service and had an exceptional experience. They speak to your company’s credibility much more effectively than the most sophisticated marketing copy. Why? Because outside praise is more trustworthy, especially when it comes from regular customers telling it like it is!
Here are some of the ways you can leverage customer testimonials in your marketing videos:
- Flaunt them on social media. You can even make a montage of different customers sharing their experiences with your brand!
- Add them to your landing pages to boost conversions. Video testimonials outperform written ones, so it makes sense to use the superior version.
- Include text snippets of testimonials in your explainer videos, brand story videos, and other content where showing customers talking on video might clash with the format.
- Make an entire “results” / “testimonials” page where you’re going to showcase your video testimonials — and don’t forget to include a call to action urging visitors to take the next step and reach out!
3. Shine a spotlight on your expertise with video case studies
The case study strategy is more advanced than simple testimonials, but it follows the same principle. You’re demonstrating your credibility and expertise by showcasing a customer’s experience with your product or service.
But the two major differences are:
- Scope and depth — besides your customer’s experience, an effective case study also explores your unique value proposition / competitive advantage. It highlights what is so special about your product or service that made it the perfect fit for the customer.
- Focus on the transformation — solid case studies don’t just talk about the “after picture” of amazing results. They also reveal the “before picture:” the unique challenges, the struggle, the customer’s goals. And they describe the journey between the two, highlighting the benefits of your offer!
(Learn more about what makes a high-converting case study here.)
That’s what makes video case studies so effective at and conveying credibility and expertise. So if you want to establish your brand as the authority in your industry, you want to start by building a library of great case studies.
Think back to all the customers or clients you’ve helped achieve exceptional results, and contact them for a case study. You don’t even need to fly them in or dispatch a camera crew and an interviewer to their home — there are tons of low-tech ways to craft a good case study!
- Do a Zoom interview with the customer — 30-60 minutes should be plenty. Then, edit it for clarity and time, transcribe it, add a branded intro, then post the text + video on your website.
- Record an audio-only case study and animate it! You can use any style, from 2D animation to motion graphics or kinetic typography.
- Craft a story based on your customer’s words and make it into a marketing video. Make sure you pepper it with the customer’s quotes throughout to keep the vibe authentic and personal.
4. Humanize your brand by featuring team members in videos
It’s not just messaging and marketing that makes your brand. It’s also your team members — the unique and diverse voices working towards a single mission. And if you’re not making space for them in your video content, you might be missing out!
Your customers don’t like to communicate with a faceless company all the time. They want to be able to put a face to the name — or faces, as it were.
So ask yourself: which members of your team could enhance your content with their awesome presence? Chances are, that list of names is bigger than you think!
Of course, the obvious candidate would be you as the Founder/CEO — especially if your brand is driven by your personality. But there are so many more people you could include as the face of your brand:
- Decision-makers who shape the strategy of your company could feature in “milestone” videos like new product or feature announcements.
- Experts who create your products or services could elevate your demos and behind-the-scenes videos to a whole new level.
- Your customer-facing teammates could lend their presence and charm to top-funnel content like how-tos, tutorials, FAQ videos etc.
Involving your team will not only help you humanize your brand and inject personality into your content — it will also add credibility and authority to your messaging, by putting the people working on your products and services behind everything you say.
5. Show off your product or service in action with a video demo
That’s right — the “show, don’t tell” principle applies to marketing just as much as storytelling! And you can use it to build trust and inspire confidence in your offer even before your customers get to try it themselves.
How? By creating a simple video demo that shows off your product or service in action, doing what it’s designed to do… and doing it well. This is one of the best ways to address the most common objection your prospects will have: “How do I know it works?”
If you have an effective demo up your sleeve, you just get to smile cheerfully and go, “Great question! Take a look at this…”
Almost any offer can benefit from this strategy:
- Do you sell software or a SaaS product? Record a screencast showing off its most impactful, convenient, or simply impressive features. Ease of installation, time-saving integrations, useful functionality — in other words, anything that matters to your potential customers.
- Do you have a physical product? You can demonstrate its quality, ease of use, durability, etc. in any number of ways. For example, you can record a stress-test to show how much punishment it can take; a side-by-side comparison with the #1 competing product; a simple step-by-step tutorial on how to use it; or even a montage of people using it in a way that makes them look cool.
- Selling a service? Even then, you can create a cool behind-the-scenes video showing your team at work, a small “documentary” showing your work with clients, or even a jaw-dropping “before/after” comparison that drives home the impact of your work.
Even if you think that your offer isn’t tangible or dynamic enough to look good in a demo video, there’s another similar strategy you can use…
Create a powerful explainer video about your product or service
Explainer videos are memorable, persuasive, and versatile – and they’re the single best way to communicate expertise and credibility for your brand and your offer.
Over the years, we’ve created hundreds of high-converting animated explainer videos for brands across dozens of industries. Education, biotech, manufacturing, finance, coaching, real estate, petroleum, pest control – you name it, we’ve done it!
We invite you to take advantage of our genius marketers, silver-tongued copywriters, and absurdly talented artists and videographers to create an explainer video you’d be proud of.
We used to do only whiteboard animation – not anymore! Now you can work with us to create awesome marketing videos in a variety of styles:
- Live action
- Motion graphics and cartoon animations
- Virtual Reality Animation
- Digital stop motion animation
- 2D character animation
Interested? Then click here to get a risk-free quote and tell us about your dream explainer video — and one of our marketing experts will get back to you post-haste!
Looking for something smaller… but still more than powerful enough to grow your business? We can craft an irresistible Elevator Pitch that will help you grab your prospects’ attention in less than 30 seconds. Learn more about it here