3 Highly Effective Marketing Strategies for Promoting Your Branded Video Series
A branded video series can be a powerful marketing asset.
Serving up valuable, relevant, consistent content to your target audience creates rock-solid engagement and sets you up as an authority in your industry — even if your company is brand-new (pun always intended).
Unlike a TV series, it won’t win you an Emmy… but it will help you win your viewers’ hearts, minds, and wallets!
The only catch is — you still have to make sure as many people as possible actually watch it. And more importantly, keep watching it.
In our age of content overlo… er, abundance, it’s not an easy thing to do!
That’s why, in today’s article, we’re going to examine 3 simple but highly effective marketing strategies designed to make your video series a hit with your target audience.
You will learn:
- 3 ways to drive traffic to your series – with the assets you already have
- What exactly you can do to keep people watching episode after episode
- #1 most underrated way to introduce your video series to new, eager viewers
And more. So let’s dig in!
1. Make the most of your existing marketing channels
We all know what we should do when we create a new piece of content…
Promote the heck out of it! It’s the 80/20 rule of content marketing — spend 20% of your resources on content creation and focus the other 80% on promotion.
But in practice, most companies massively under-promote their content, even when they know how important this step is. So if you want more people to watch your video series, do these 2 things:
- Look at every marketing channel you use to communicate with your target audience.
- Check if you’re promoting your video series across all these channels, and how.
You’ll be surprised by what you find!
Too often, entrepreneurs just go through the motions with their content promotion (hey, it rhymed!). They publish the video, post about it on their socials, dust off their hands and call it a day.
Instead, you need to be more strategic about it. For example, you could:
- Promote your video series using the highest-engagement marketing channels you have — like your email list
- Spend 5-10 minutes to make sure that people can easily find your new episode on whatever video platform you’re using
- Optimize your social media posts about the new content — like including the video thumbnail along with the text, creating a short Twitter/Instagram-friendly promo clip, or writing great copy
Bottom line is, you already have quite a few marketing assets and tools available to you that can help with promoting your video series…
…and you’re probably not making the most of them!
So, if you want to get more eyeballs on your video content as fast as possible, start with the low-hanging fruit: make sure you’re getting everything you can out of all you’ve got.
2. Create a virtuous cycle of engagement
Do you know that feeling you get immediately after watching an episode of a great TV show? That urge to do another one… and another one… aaand maybe another one after that…
That’s what deep engagement looks like. And you can use it to attract and keep loyal viewers for your branded video series!
Now, we’re not promising that your videos will become as binge-worthy as “Breaking Bad.” That’s a tall order! No, we just want to show you a few ways to create a similar, just less powerful, engagement effect.
For starters, just the fact that you even have a video series works in your favor. If someone likes one episode, they will naturally want to watch more of the same…
…and wouldn’t you know it, you have a bunch more videos just like that!
Each new viewer you attract has a ripple effect on your entire video series. They watch a few episodes, increasing the total view count. They share your content, exposing your series to more people.
Then, those new people go in and watch a few episodes — and you’ve got a virtuous cycle of engagement on your hands!
Now, keep in mind that this is the best-case scenario. It won’t happen every time. But you can make sure it happens enough times to create a self-sustaining “marketing engine” for your video series.
Here’s what you can do to pull this off:
- Create a playlist of your video series with all the episodes and keep it updated. Most video hosting platforms have a playlist feature of some kind that lets you arrange the episode in a sequence, autoplay them, and do all sorts of other stuff to boost engagement.
- Make a dedicated section on your website about your video series, with links to episodes, bonus content, downloadable resources and anything else that might add value.
- Mention other episodes in your videos to spark curiosity and get viewers to check them out. Make it as easy as possible to keep watching: put interactive calls to action in your videos, add links to the series playlist or other episodes in the video description or accompanying copy.
- Create “mini-series” where you choose a big topic and tackle it over several episodes. This will create massive engagement, increase the perceived value of your content — plus, you won’t have to come up with new topics for some time!
3. Attract new audiences — by doing this ONE simple thing
How can you get your video series in front of new viewers who have no idea who you are?
Well, there are many potential strategies you could use:
- paying for advertising…
- promoting your content to niche communities on social media…
- getting really good at video SEO…
All of these can work. But our favorite strategy is finding “influencers” and thought leaders, and getting them to promote your series to their audiences.
“And why would they do that?” you ask? Because you ask nicely — oh, and you’ll make them part of the show!
There are two ways to do that.
Option #1. The hard-but-guaranteed way
If you want someone important to promote your video series, have them on as a guest. Interview them, have them co-host, deliver a short presentation, or even do the entire episode — the exact format doesn’t matter as much as their participation.
With this kind of setup, your guest can’t possibly skip promoting your video series to their audience. They’re in it! Even if they literally post something like, “I did a thing on [your series], go watch it,” it still means guaranteed new viewers for you.
Option #2. The easier, less certain way
If your video series is brand-new, or you had trouble snagging your favorite industry hotshot as a guest, you can do the next best thing…
Start a conversation around what they teach or believe (or both). If you contribute something valuable enough, there’s a good chance that the other person takes notice — and plugs your video show to their fans.
Here’s how this might work in practice…
Let’s say that your video series is all about marketing, and the person you’re after is famous for creating a specific marketing strategy. So, on your show, you could:
- Use their marketing strategy, document the results, and make an episode about it — kind of like a case study or a public experiment.
- Respectfully challenge their authority and discuss how you might improve on said marketing strategy so it would work even better.
- Name-drop or give a shoutout to them as the mastermind behind the strategy, or include a quote from them into the episode.
As you can see, #1 is pretty involved, #2 is somewhere in between — and #3 is the bare minimum that might still get you some exposure. You decide how much you want to commit!
Want some expert help with creating your video series? Let’s talk!
Putting out high-quality, consistent video content is capital-H Hard, no matter how big or small your brand is.
Figuring out the content strategy, coming up with ideas, scripting, filming, voiceover, editing, promotion… Even if you can make sure each step is silky-smooth (spoilers: you can’t!), it’s still a grueling journey.
That’s exactly why you need a seasoned partner in your corner!
The Draw Shop can help you create amazing-looking marketing videos designed to convert. We’re famous for whiteboard animation videos, but we can create in any style you want — from live-action to 3D animation, motion graphics, and more.
We’ll be Sam to your Frodo, Dr. Spock to your Captain Kirk, Yoda to your Luke (whichever you prefer!) as we help you go from “no idea” to a finished video that’s published and converting — as quickly as possible.
If you want to get started, just book a free, no-strings-attached audit of your video marketing strategy from one of our in-house experts. Just click the link below, fill in your name and email, and we’ll get back to you post-haste!