Overwhelm is a huge struggle that I’m seeing so many people deal with lately—and for good reason. We’re running our businesses, caring for our children, homeschooling or supporting distance learning, adapting to new marketing needs and business models, worrying about family and friends, uncertain of the future, and so much more. That’s why today I’ll be unpacking some hard facts about why we cause ourselves to struggle more than necessary and how we can cut that struggle short.
As this pandemic evolves, we’re seeing so many changes happening rapidly and we are trying to keep track, adapt, and move with it while staying positive—but a lot of the pressure we put on ourselves is too much. Listen in as I discuss the role that we have in our own struggle, as well as how decision-making is a huge player in all of this. You will learn a few important questions that will help you make decisions faster and become more confident in those decisions.
In this episode, we cover topics such as:
- What is causing us to struggle more than ever.
- How to improve your decision-making skills.
- Questions to ask that will help you be more confident in making decisions.
- Understanding your personality and how you tend to make decisions.
- Being willing to make wrong decisions and learn from it.
Please enjoy today’s episode — and visit the resources below to find everything mentioned in the show!
What you will hear:
- [0:35] The main struggle I see so many people dealing with right now.
- [3:20] The role decision-making takes in our struggle.
- [5:26] Why deadlines are key.
- [11:45] A new way to think about the outcomes of the decisions you make.
- [16:22] Why you need to take action even if you’re not feeling ready.
- [19:31] Why “it ain’t that deep.”
Ideas Worth Sharing:“The best outcomes come from taking action—even when we don’t feel prepared or educated enough.” - @summerfelixmulder Click To Tweet “The hard facts are this: We actually give ourselves more struggle than we need to.” Click To Tweet “Being indecisive causes way more stress and struggle.” - @summerfelixmulder Click To Tweet
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to Backstage Business? If not, I strongly suggest you do. This way you won’t miss a thing! Subscribe here: Backstage Business
And here’s what we would be the ultimate supreme: If you left me a review on for Backstage Business as well. This will help other genius business leaders and entrepreneurs like you find the podcast.
Plus, it would be super fun for me to get to enjoy my morning coffee while reading them! Just click here, click open in iTunes, select “Ratings and Reviews”, tell me your favorite moment and best takeaway and I may just send you a really cool token of thanks!